SIX°NORTH JOBS: ABERDEEN GENERAL MANAGER
GENERAL MANAGER REQUIRED FOR SIX°NORTH ABERDEEN
We have a brilliant opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate General Manager to take the helm at 6DN in Aberdeen. You will have an excellent knowledge of the UK craft beer scene and be able to maintain and drive 6DN's ethos forward. You will ensure through team work, a second to none customer experience is delivered, day in and day out. Your hard work and experience will put you in a position to deliver continued growth and development through positive promotion whilst maintaining high levels of business performance and staff development.
six°north was established in 2013. The concept was born in Belgium when founder Robert Lindsay fell in love with the country’s beer culture and tradition. He soon returned to north east Scotland to start brewing his own beers, six°north of Brussels.
We make modern, artisanal beers that are driven by Belgian tradition and inspired by modern brewing practices. Our beers are unfiltered and carbonated naturally through secondary fermentation. Since 2013 the company has grown exponentially and we now employ over 80 staff across five sites. six°north has become a beacon for quality craft beer and we continue to grow the brand year on year.
We have four bars in Aberdeen, Stonehaven, Edinburgh & Glasgow, each spreading the good word of six°north. Our bars have a continental feel, with minimal, understated décor throughout. We take influence from our favourite Belgian bars to create relaxed, friendly environments to enjoy great beer with friends.
OUR NEW GENERAL MANAGER WILL BE EXCEPTIONAL AT:
- Event planning & organisation
- Social media & marketing
- Team building, hiring, training and managing staffing
- Inspiring & idea creation at group management meetings
- Creating exciting product lists
- Cellar management
- Essential administrative and financial management of the venue (the devil is in the detail and you will be obsessed with organisation & cleanliness).
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
The successful applicant will ideally have bar management experience. All of the following skills are required for this role:
- A good working knowledge of the UK craft beer industry
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience in a management role
- Good oral, written and computing skills
- Organised with the ability to delegate tasks effectively
- A positive, highly-motivated team player
- Strong experience of staff supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
SALARY & BENEFITS:
A competitive salary is offered. The successful applicant will receive 28 days holiday, plus pension & associated company benefits. This is a full time role with a 42.5 hour working week (approx) over a five day week.
To apply for this job please email your CV and cover letter to six°north Operations Manager: Roz@sixdnorth.co.uk
Applications close Wednesday 8th August 2018 at 12pm.