GENERAL MANAGER REQUIRED AT DYNAMO DUNDEE
We have aN EXCITING opportunity for an enthusiastic & passionate General Manager to take the helm at dynamo IN DUNDEE. THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE will have an excellent knowledge of the UK craft beer scene & WILL maintain & drive the six°north ethos forward. OUR MANAGER will ensure, through team work, a second to none customer experience is delivered, day in and day out. hard work & experience will put OUR NEW MANAGER in a position to deliver continued growth & development through positive promotion, whilst maintaining high levels of business performance & staff development.
six°north was established in 2013. The concept was born in Belgium when founder Robert Lindsay fell in love with the country’s beer culture and tradition. He soon returned to north east Scotland to start brewing his own beers, six°north of Brussels.
We make modern, artisanal beers that are driven by Belgian tradition and inspired by modern brewing practices. Our beers are unfiltered and carbonated naturally through secondary fermentation. Since 2013 the company has grown exponentially and we now employ over 50 full time staff across five sites. six°north has become a beacon for quality craft beer and we continue to grow the brand year on year.
We have five bars in dundee, Aberdeen, Stonehaven, Edinburgh & Glasgow, each spreading the good word of six°north. We AIM TO create relaxed, friendly environments to enjoy great beer with friends.
dynamo opened in december 2018 and has since established itself as the go-to beer bar in town! OUR COSY, TRADITIONAL bar has 24 taps pouring the best in modern beer, bolstered by an impressive selection of belgian bottles & spirits.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL INFLUENCE THE DIRECTION OF DYNAMO GOING FORWARD.
OUR NEW GENERAL MANAGER WILL BE EXCEPTIONAL AT:
- Event planning & organisation
- Social media & marketing
- Team building, hiring, training and managing staffing
- Inspiring & idea creation at group management meetings
- Creating exciting product lists
- Cellar management
- Essential administrative and financial management of the venue (the devil is in the detail and you will be obsessed with organisation & cleanliness).
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
The successful applicant will ideally have bar management experience. All of the following skills are required for this role:
- A good working knowledge of the UK craft beer industry
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience in a management role
- Good oral, written and computing skills
- Organised with the ability to delegate tasks effectively
- A positive, highly-motivated team player
- Strong experience of staff supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
SALARY & BENEFITS:
A competitive salary is offered. The successful applicant will receive 28 days holiday, plus pension & associated company benefits. This is a full time role with a 45 hour working week (approx) over a five day week.
To apply for this job please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org